Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Humble Abode

I found a place to live! I am moving in with a couple girls from my singles ward  (Shannelle and Nanette) and its gonna be so fun! 


Its in a row house in the neighborhood of Manayunk (Man- ee- yunk). The name Manayunk comes from the Native American word that means "come to drink". I think they named it that because its right next to the Schukyll River. But in recent years it has become a hot spot for college kids to come and party on the weekend. I'm making this place sound bad. Its really just this cool part of Philadelphia that the younger, hipper crowd appreciates. This is mainstreet where everyone comes to eat and "stuff" on the weekends. 


Its not that great of a picture but this is main street in Manayunk and it has all these cute little shops and restaurants and lights on the trees. I'm excited for the summer to go strolling down the streets. :)

Because we're moving in this week, me and one of my roommates (Nanette)  bought mattresses at Macy's the Department store and brought them to our new home. This is Nanette carrying in one of our mattresses. We had a really hard time getting the box springs up the stairs to our room and may or may not have made a huge hole in the wall..... We were laughing the whole night. 


The house has a basement and a backyard. Also it has this creepy cellar thing below the basement. Shannelles' s boyfriend tried to go down there but all the stairs broke. We already have plans to decorate the non creepy part of the house and have a garden in the back. 


6 comments:

  1. Amanda, the outside looks a little creepy. Take some pictures of the inside. Maybe I can give you some decorating tips. Haha! I am glad you found some nice roomies. I think that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what are your plans for the creepy part of the house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that first picture the front of the apartment? It does look a little run down, but that gives it character :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool! Sounds like you're settling in quite nicely. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. k so for real, you sound like you are having WAY too much fun out there amanda. I am so jealous, and i want to come see you. can this be arranged??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amanda! It's Alisa. Long time no see! I got your blog address from your mom on facebook. Congrats on your job! It sounds SO awesome. I'm glad you love it. It sounds like you lead a very exciting life. Send me an email at alisa.simonson@gmail.com and I can invite you to my blog (it's private). That is, if you WANT to read it. haha.

    ReplyDelete