
Ok, Ok, stop guess already. Its Bill Cosby!
What does this have to do with me, you ask? Well the Forensic Science Center where I work used to be an elementary school. This elementary school taught none other than our beloved Bill Cosby! And the characters from Fat Albert are inspired by people that he went to school with and this building! Cool huh?!?!
I learned this all on my tour of the Firearms Lab in the basement of the Forensic Science building.
I has the coolest tour today! Ok, during the tour, the tour-guy told me his theory about the crime lab that is SO true. He said the building used to be a school... but it still hasn't lost its school-ness. Here's why...
The people at the top of the building (3rd floor) are the DNA people. They are just like the AP kids in high school, nerds, scientists, etc...
The 2nd floor people are the Crime Scene Unit. They are like the Jocks in high school. They get most of the "publicity, the praise, the hot girlfriends" (direct quote)...
And in the basement is the Firearms Unit that wear army jackets and blow things up. HAHA! This guy was hilarious and also SO true!
Then he showed me the gun locker with all the sweet guns that they have acquired over the years. There were a ton of homemade guns from pens, car antennas, bolts, flashlights and canes. There was even one that had a melted handle from it being in the broiler in the oven. Someone must have stashed it there earlier and forgot and then turned on the oven. He said they get about 3-4 of those a year.
Then at the end, he said that if I ever wanted to learn how to shoot a gun I can go down to their firing range and they'll teach me... and they can tell me what gun to buy if I wanted to get one. This totally fulfills my dream of being the ultimate CSI. Now all I need is a leather outfit, high heeled boots and a Hummer. Just like this!

.jpg)
wait...another field trip?! so awesome, especially since it means bill cosby is now in your life. well, sort of.
ReplyDeleteps - you would look SO HOT in that outfit! totally second floor status ;)
Wow Amanda....I don't know about that outfit. As your mother I'd say, OK except for the cleavage. Great blog stories. I laughed so hard. About Bill Cosby, he is one of my heros. He sure tells it straight up!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE reading your blog! You are so funny...and very persuasive. I mean, you make me want to have your job because it really does sound AWESOME!
ReplyDelete