FIRST! I went to Washington DC. I went there once when I was a little but I don't remember much of it. Actually, I didn't really go this time. I went to the Washington DC Temple. Which was SO cool. Obviously. :)

The next weekend .... I WENT TO NYC for the first time! It was so cool! I went shopping in China Town. SOOOO sketchy! They lead you into these hidden rooms to show you "Gucci" and "Prada" bags and while you go in they lock like 5 doors behind you. Then they wont let you leave until they radio up to see if the coast is clear. Those knock-off bags are NOT worth that. We also went to Central Park, saw the Statue of Liberty from a distance, walked through Time Square, ate a $3 cupcake (also not worth it) and saw the Brooklyn Bridge. Oh! and riding the subway was a blast!!! I definitely have to go back soon so I can see more of NYC!!!

I've also seen a lot more of Philadelphia. Just from driving around and stuff. I keep seeing these awesome places to go, but instead of actually going, I just write them down to go to later. But in reality I just forget about them.... someday i'll remember to go to all of them.
Ok thats a lie. There was this ONE place that I've wanted to go to for a while now and I actually went this weekend. Its called the Wissahickon River trail. It is super close to my house and I pass it every time I go anywhere. So this sunday, me and my roommates decided that it was the perfect day to go on a sunday walk. I suggested that we go on the Wissahickon because I haven't been on it yet. So we went.
We actually drove a little ways to where the cool part of the trail is so that we wouldn't have to walk too far. We were walking and loving the weather and the trees and the river. Our destination was a statue in the middle of the forrest. It was about a 15 minute walk there. So as we were walking, it started getting a little windy... then it got a lot windy. We were almost to the statue so we decided to just make it to the statue and then turn around and go back. As soon as we sat down to enjoy the sunset by the statue, we saw lightning. GASP! with wide eyes, we looked at each other, jumped up and scrambled down the mountain.
As we were walking fast through the forest, we felt it start to sprinkle.
Then start to rain.
Then start to pour.
Then start to Hail!
We were still a good distance from the parking lot and all we could think to do was to run as fast as we could though the forrest.
There was a river of water and hail underneath our feet as we ran up the hill to the parking lot.
The hail was the size of a nickel and was hitting us all over. I tried to look up but there was just a sheet of water and hail.
SO we just kept running. and running. and running through the water and the hail.
We finally made it up to the parking lot and under this covering and I felt like I was going to pass out. But instead I threw up in a near by trash can. We then walked to the car and by the time we drove away, the rain was gone and the sun was coming out. RANDOM! and CRAZY!
So those are my adventures in philly lately. I really just want to blog about my awesome roommates every time because they are awesome and hilarious... but they would probably kill me in my sleep...
Also, if you've made it this far into my FOREVER long blog. CONGRATS! you win. :)
.jpg)
My mom always said I was a winner but I never believed it until this moment. *winner!*
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you enjoyed New York. New thing to try next time you are here: sticky buns at Levain Bakery. They are INCREDIBLE. Expensive but, unlike the China Town bags and expensive cupcakes (I agree, not worth it), they are worth it.
ReplyDeleteI win.
ReplyDeleteAnd you win for crazy forest escapades. Sounds like you're having a blast!