Sunday, September 20, 2009

I really should wait 'til tomorrow...

BUT if i do, i'll put it off AGAIN.

Why tomorrow, you ask? Because it would make an even two months from my last post.

Yeah, I know. I'm getting really bad at consistently posting... so, here's an update on all that has happened these past (almost) two wonderful months. :) :) :)

Palmyra for the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It was a lot different than I remember from when I saw it as a 6 years old... but so are a lot of things. On the same trip we went to Niagra Falls and did the "Cave of the Winds Tour"where they give you a poncho and water shoes. It was really wet! But so fun. :)
I went to Utah to see Kelly and Nate (or as i like to call them Nelly) get hitched! The wedding was beautiful and it was fun to see some old friends.
Cameron had to go to Washington D.C. on business for the week so on friday, I took the Chinatown bus down and met him there. We had dinner at a good BBQ place and headed back to his Aunt Irene's house. The saturday was full of an early morning bike ride on the Potomic, a visit to the Zoo, lunch at Ben's (a famous restaurant in DC that bill Cosby and Obama eat at for free) , a long afternoon nap, the Arlington National Cemetery on Sunday and a quick stop at the Washington DC temple on the way home.
Our next adventure was to Boston. It was so fun! We did the Freedom Trail which is a red line painted on the sidewalk that takes you to all the historical sites in the city - including where the Boston Massacre occurred and Bunker Hill (the picture is me in front of the Paul Revere statue). We also went camping and rode bikes in Cape Cod. We (but mostly I) wanted to go to Martha's Vineyard but it didn't quite pan out.
Also, Cameron bought a bunny! His name is Hendrix. He is a Netherland Dwarf and is so cute and friendly. We are trying to box train him. Also, we're working on his lap sitting skills.
Last but not least, yesterday we went to the most beautiful gardens i've been to! the Longwood Gardens. They have old fountains, lakes, a HUGE greenhouse and meadows. The flowers and plants were beautiful! Here are a few of my favorite pictures I took. :)
There's grass on the door... crazy!

There is your update! Stayed tuned for more of our exciting adventures.

PS. We also went to a philly's game somewhere in there... we have twinner shirts. :)



4 comments:

  1. WOW! You are certainly getting to see all the sites! That's terrific. I can't help but notice a certain common thread running through all these adventures :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hendrix is so cute! I didn't know you could really train rabbits...except for the white magician ones...crap that probably sounds racist or something. Moral of the story: You have a great life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amanda!! you're so awesome, holy cow. I want your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job! i click on your link AT LEAST once a week and am sorely disappointed when there is no update...i'm glad i wasn't disappointed today :) except for, i'm not sure which makes me miss you more - seeing your happy, smiling face or not reading updates. i guess we'll never know...so, keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete