We had planned on going to DC this last weekend to attend the temple and to scope out the area. It was a good trip - we hung out with his Aunt Irene and her family, went to the temple and the American Indian Museum and drove around the DC area a lot.
Sunday we got back to Philly around 5:30 and had planned on making dinner at about 6:15. So I was relaxing a little bit before we had to start dinner when Cameron randomly said "I'm really hyper! Lets do something!".
So I said, "You wanna play Dr. Mario?"
"No... Not that"
"Uno?" I said.
"Okay!" Then as he opened up the closet to get Uno out "... hey, lets do the puzzle instead."
REWIND....
On our first date we bought a puzzle at walmart. Apparently it was his plan to use it to get a couple more dates out of me. The puzzle ended up being SO hard because its entirely the same pale blue color. It was on his side table for two months before he decided to give up and destroy it. A little while later we took it back out and with a LOT of determination and patience we finished it (It was then glued together and it hangs on my bedroom wall). We then got another puzzle that we thought would be a lot easier... one with more patterns in it. We thought wrong. This next puzzle is of an Indian man with TOO MUCH pattern and it was even harder than the first. So we have slowly worked on this puzzle the last 7 months. Slowly giving up....
SO when he suggested the puzzle I was shocked!
"Really????? OKAY!"
We pull it out and unroll it (it had been in a puzzle roll-up thing) and start trying to put in some pieces.
Cameron asked me to get the box out of the closet so he could look at the picture on the box. I realized that there were some pieces left in the box so I pulled them out. They were all in a plastic baggie....
I looked at the baggie full of pieces and can see one piece with yellow paper taped to it and with letters on it. I instantly knew what was up - before this point I had no idea he had the ring already. It was supposed to arrive about a week and a half later. I was SHOCKED! I was like "what?" "are you serious?" "Oh my gosh" over and over. I even asked "do you have it? you have the ring already??".
So we dumped out the pieces and searched for the eight pieces of the puzzle with the yellow paper on it. After finding them all and putting them together this was the end product...

When I looked up he was on his knee. :)
And here it is....

The ring! Sorry the photo quality is bad. I'll take better pics later.
Oh, and of course, I said YES! :)
.jpg)
YAAAAAYYY! Gorgeous RING! Cute proposal... WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I am so excited for you two. Nooooow you just need to post pictures of the two of you together! All I see is a fist with a lovely ring on it. ;) haha. Love you and SOOOOOOO happy for you!!!!!!
ReplyDelete=) =) =) =) =) Not gonna lie, I got a little misty. So happy and excited! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is a fabulous story! Years from now, your kids will be amazed by it! Congratsto you both :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute!! I'm with the "Simonds Fam" I'm feeling kind of emotional! =) love ya girly- congrats!! I can still remember our walk we went on a couple of years ago just talking about dating. I dunno if u can remember it but good times =)
ReplyDelete:) :) :) YAY!!! love you manda!!!
ReplyDelete