Picture this...
My boyfriend Cameron and I went to NYC for my birthday (which was amazing, btw). We planned things that we wanted to see in the city and used the subway system to get around. We were doing great at navigating our way around...we had a map and everything. At one point we were planning to get off at a stop near Columbus Circle.
So there we were. Just sitting there. Looking at the map. When I faintly hear the next stop being announced over the intercom. But I didn't quite register that we were planning on getting off there. When the subway stopped. I looked up and thought. Oh, I think this is our stop. So I say to Cameron... "I think this is our stop". Then I get up and rush off of the subway. I knew Cameron was right behind me, so I wasn't worried, but as I was stepping off onto the platform I felt my ankle narrowly escape being squished by the doors. As i turned around, this was all I saw...

with Cameron on the inside saying "OH NO!!" (At least I think thats what he was saying... all I could see was his mouth moving because he was inside and I was outside)
He was looking out of this....

and me looking like this...

with his face like this...

I watched the subway pull away and Cameron's face get smaller and smaller. All I could do was laugh. It happened so quick. Thank goodness for cell phones or we might have never found each other. It is called the BIG Apple for a reason.
.jpg)
A version of this happened to Jason and Tyler and I in France, where there was a crowd to get on the metro. I got on, they did not... And no cell phones. Luckily I was able to mouth/gesticulate that I would get off at the next stop and wait for them, so all was well. Hope you're doing fabulously, Amanda dear.
ReplyDeleteyou're right, you have brought the movies to life. but, you always do amanda :) haha. i'm glad you and cameron found each other, otherwise your birthday would have ended up a VERY sad day.
ReplyDelete