So yesterday, I got to go to court and watch my coworker testify as an expert witness. This is something that I will also get to do someday after I'm all certified (can't wait). But it was so awesome! I got to sit there and listen to the court proceedings and soak it ALL in and get paid for it! The best part was watching my coworker, probably in his late 20's, try not to laugh at the Defense Attorney who was obviously not prepared. She would ask half of a question and then say "Wait, let me back up" and then start a whole other question not in any way related to the first question. Then she asked my coworker the same question three times in a row but getting increasingly feistier and louder every time she wasn't getting the answer she wanted out of him. Later I find out that she even rolled her eyes at him! LOL. It was great.
Then today was field trip number 2! I got to go to a press conference about a serial rapist that they arrested last week and our lab linked him to two attacks in the city. My coworkers got to stand behind the main SVU officer guy while he press conferenced and be on TV. I might have the opportunity to do this later too. But this time, I stood in the back and watched it all in amazement. It was really a great success for the city's police department for this guy to be under arrest.
I have more reasons to love my job:
- I have my very own locker.
- I get to go on field trips.
- When we go on field trips, we get a ride to our destination by an awesome cop. (They are usually hilarious!!)
- They had donuts for us yesterday morning.
- It is just awesome.
I'm sure i'll think of more... and then i'll blog about them. :)
.jpg)
Alright! You're job IS awesome!
ReplyDeleteum...
ReplyDeletefield trips?! i'm jealous.
police chauffeur?! i'm jealous.
tv time?! i'm jealous.
...maybe we can switch? ;)
Also, you get money. You can buy lots of things with money.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Anne. Not literally. Jealously. Lucky girl.
ReplyDelete...now if you can find a place to live... have you considered the locker?