Monday, February 23, 2009

I LOVE MY JOB!

I feel so lucky.

I mean, who gets their DREAM job at their first shot?! (ok it took more than one dreaded application and a lot of hours of searching) But seriously, my job is the best. I love it! (shout out to nacho libre)
This is were I work.

Today was my first day. It was just how I thought it would be. Basically, its just lab work with an awesome twist... CRIME!!! The PERFECT type of job for me. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and funny. Nothing crazy or awesome happened today. I just love my job. 

Why I love my job: 

  • Tomorrow I get a badge with my picture on it that I get to wave at the wall that gets me into TOP SECRET doors.

  • I get to work on TOP SECRET evidence from crimes and put bad people in jail and let the good ones free.

  • I get to testify in court.

  • I get to wear a lab coat and gloves and protective goggles.

  • I can tell people what I do for a living and they get all excited.

  • I don't have to deal with people complaining how their steak is cooked anymore. 

  • I will eventually have my own desk... the lab has limited space at the moment.

  • I get to be in a lab all day.

  • I get paid for a whole hour of lunch.

  • I get to pick my own schedule.

Those are the reasons that I thought of today. I'm sure that I'll think of some more tomorrow. :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Amanda! That's seriously so inspiring! Question: Did you get your degree before you applied there, or did you just shed the college life and head straight into work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 99% of anything is looking the part. From what is sounds, you my friend are looking the part. Photo ID name badge that gets you into restricted areas, need I say more? You are legit Amanda, too legit to quite, so don't. Congrats. (*statistics in this comment may be inflated)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i seriously just signed on to facebook right now only to question you about your first day, but you totally beat me to the punch...i am SO HAPPY that you love your job! all the risk that comes with taking a new job definitely seems to have paid off! sweet. yay for you! you seriously are too legit, too legit to quit...hey, hey.

    ps - i was here first, but firefox was being gay and wouldn't let me post my comment until now (an entire day later)...just keep that in mind ;)

    ReplyDelete